Knowing how to find a personal injury lawyer to handle your case is not something to be taken lightly. You don’t want to blindly pick someone or just hire the first attorney you meet with. It is unwise to hire a personal injury lawyer without first evaluating them. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. This is your case and they will be working for you, so it is important that they are exactly what you need - and that is the first step in knowing how to choose a personal injury attorney.
The first meeting can be intimidating though so having some questions on hand to ask personal injury lawyer during your consultation can help.
Questions to ask a potential personal injury attorney
- What is your contingency fee?
- Can any deductions (child support arrearages, spousal support, taxes, judgments against me) be taken out of my settlement?
- If we lose the case, will I have to pay for any advanced case costs? If so, how much and what expenses will be billed to me?
- What is your caseload like right now? Are you able to devote the time required to work on my case?
- How many people will have access to my personal information? How many people will have access to my case and all the information provided and collected to support it?
- Will you be the attorney handling my case or will it be assigned to someone else?
- Who will be my point of contact at your firm when I have questions or need to communicate about my case?
- What will you need from me to get the case started?
- What will you need me to do to help with my case? If it goes to trial, what will my participation be?
- How many cases like mine have you handled? How many personal injury cases have you handled?
- Have any of the personal injury cases that you’ve handled gone to trial?
- Is personal injury the only type of law you practice? What other areas of law do you handle?
- How long have you been in practice? How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Have you always practiced personal injury, or have you practiced in other areas too?
- How much experience do you have negotiating settlements with insurance companies?
These personal injury questions will help you find the attorney that is right for you. If you have sustained an injury due to an accident don’t wait to see what happens. Your best chance to get the compensation you deserve is to hire a personal injury attorney in Salisbury NC. We can help. Call Wallace & Graham when you need to find a personal injury lawyer . We’re here for you.
2 comments on "Questions to Ask A Personal Injury Lawyer: During Your Consultation"